1. I bought some tea leaves from Adagio the other week, so for the last week or so I've been drinking their Irish Breakfast in the morning rather than my Twinings tea bags. The Irish Breakfast is yummy and delicious and not bitter at all, even if I steep it a little too long. I have a sample of another tea, and I have a bag of Earl Grey I keep meaning to make one of these mornings, but so far I've been so pleased with the Irish Breakfast that I haven't wanted to try anything else. Highly recommended if you like full-flavored black teas. I opted for it over the English Breakfast because there were a few reviews on the EB saying it had a strong honey flavor and I only like honey in my tea when I'm sick. I might get a sample of the EB at some point, though.
1b. I am, however, enough of a tea addict that I ran to the store at 5:30am today to get more milk because we were out and neither Morgan nor I stopped to get some on the way home last night.
2. Speaking of, I was awake at 5:30am because I had a somewhat restless night, and a bunch of weird/bad dreams, and in the last of the dreams I was kicking someone to get them off me...so I woke up when my toe connected with the daybed frame (I crashed in my office for various reasons). I didn't kick it hard enough to damage anything but it was enough that I gave up on sleep.
3. Still sort of getting used to my new hair. When I woke up yesterday it was sticking up all over the place and was pretty hilarious looking. I "did" it after I showered, a process that involved all of two minutes with the blow-dryer and then two minutes of working product into my hair followed by a quick comb, and it looked great again. Short hair takes a bit more daily upkeep than longer hair, but less time overall. I don't normally blow-dry my hair, for the record, but the pomade/hair paste I have for it works better in dry hair. So I dried it most of the way and then used the paste. However, lesson learned: do not put lotion on hands before using hair paste.
I do think this new cut means I'll have to wash my hair more frequently, but that's okay. With it being as short as it is, I don't think I'm likely to damage it with more frequent washing, and it's not like I have any curl left to worry about.
4. Today is Do All the Laundry day. When L was here on Thursday I asked her to help with the laundry, which she's been offering to help with for months now. She did a bunch of it, and moved alllll the laundry down into the laundry room. Today I hope to sort everything that isn't washed and get on washing it. In the meantime, I no longer have a giant barrier of clothes on my side of the bedroom half blocking the closet. On the downside, I have no idea where any of my clothes are, especially my bras. Prioritizing the bras today if I can find them all.
5. ( momstuff )
6. In cheerier news, Morgan had a most excellent ECCC this year and got some really cool sketches and a lot of other stuff. He had an unqualified good time, which makes me
happy, and he's already looking forward to next year when the con will apparently be four days instead of three. And later in the year, or something. It'll be a bit weird because I'm hoping to go to Norwescon next year, and that's always the weekend after ECCC, but we'll sort that out. I'm glad I didn't go to ECCC this year, though; for one, my ankle would not have stood for it and for another it's just too crowded and too many people for me. Norwescon is a big con, but due to its location and such it's less packed in than ECCC, it's more spread out, so it's easier for me to handle.
We were talking about cons at work yesterday and a couple people were discussing PAX, which I've never had an interest in. That's also insanely big and crowded and kind of not what it used to be. Also after some of the Penny Arcade stuff that's happened in the last few years I have zero interest. (I think that was it?)
7. In good writing news, I am ahead of the game for GYWO, which makes me happy. Word total from January through end of March is 85,575 so I'm about ten thousand ahead of where I need to be to be on track. Go me. Chap 52 of WC is almost done, and I'm slowly moving into end game phase. Or at least I'm moving into the build up to the end game, now that I've revealed what it will be.